Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download without debugging

Jump to solution
crane
Contributor III

Hi!

Is there a utility in Codewarrior for downloading the code to the target without running the debugger. Preferrably command line style, for production programming.

We use the P&E_ML-12 USB multilink device and obviosly the IDE supports it. I know it is possible to buy the sw from P&E, either freestanding or dll's. But I thought that since we've already have the codewarrior licences which utilize these dll's there might be a way of calling them that way.

Thanks,

Håkan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Witztronics
Contributor IV

This isn't exactly what you want, but you can launch the debugger and program the target by a command line and avoid the Codewarrior IDE.

You will need to modify this according to your install location, file name and the BDM that you are using.  This statement will launch the debugger and program myfile.s19 using the HCS08OpenSourceBDM tool.

C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.2\prog\hiwave.exe" C:\
myfile.s19 -Target=HCS08OpenSourceBDM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
crane
Contributor III
Thanks for the advice, but if it is not possible to download via Codewarrior, we'll probably buy the dll package and wrap it in our testrig software. We have used the CPROG12z program before, but it is a bit annoying to execute a freestanding sw that opens a status window and it is slow.
0 Kudos
Witztronics
Contributor IV

This isn't exactly what you want, but you can launch the debugger and program the target by a command line and avoid the Codewarrior IDE.

You will need to modify this according to your install location, file name and the BDM that you are using.  This statement will launch the debugger and program myfile.s19 using the HCS08OpenSourceBDM tool.

C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.2\prog\hiwave.exe" C:\

0 Kudos
crane
Contributor III

Witztronics wrote:

I tried this. By tweaking the project.ini file the debugger can run minimized. By giving the command "exit" in the preload.cmd file, the debugger is closed again as soon as the programming is done. This way almost only CPROG08Sz is run through the debugger. I also feels quicker than running CPROG08Sz with scriptfile separately, although I haven't measured.

Thanks,

Håkan

0 Kudos
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
Easiest soluton is to buy a "Cyclone Pro" from P&E. This is basically a Multilink with additional production download possibilities. Once the programs are stored in it, you can use it without a PC attached.

I'm using this myself and it is a very good solution, especially since I don't want to give the production the possibilities to fiddle around with download software, or god forbid: download the program straight from the source code.

0 Kudos