cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to flash on mpc8377E-RDB target board

mpc8377e
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using MPC8377E-RDB target board. The target has problems while booting with defualt configuration settings. U boot prompt never comes up and also i cant able to flash the target using code warrior. Please help me to recitfy the problems.

Raghu 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

wrostek
Contributor I

We have a few of these boxes and no problems.

Did you check the RS-232 connection. As far as I remember  115k, lower connector of the box, direct (no crossing) cable. Do you have a simple RS-232 tester at hand?

The box has quite reasonable documentation on the CD-ROM delivered. As a newbie I was able to reload the original u-boot via CodeWarrior a couple of months ago.

regards

Wolfgang R.

0 Kudos

mpc8377e
Contributor I

Hi wrostek,

Sorry if i have replied the same earlier. I am using the RS-232 calbe shipped with target board, the cable works fine. Intially when i power up the device i used to get u-boot prompt and after sometime the system used to go into infinite loop displaying reset status as : Check Stop, External/Internal Soft, External/Internal Hard continously. As per suggestion in readme file, i erased the flash and it was successful, now i dont have any image in the flash but, programming to flash was never successful. i am MPC837xE-RDB_DefaultConfig.xml, MPC837xE-RDB_init.cfg and flash_image_mpc8377_rdb_667M.bin files to program the target. I get error message as Can not read target memory at location: 0x00000006. Please make sure that the chip selects are properly configured. The CWPP response code is: 0x0.

Raghu

0 Kudos

wrostek
Contributor I

High Raghu,

sorry that's beyond my experience with the board.

regards

Wolfgang R.

0 Kudos