cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M1224x -Zigbee - Problem in downloading with IAR

madhum16
Contributor I

Hi all, 

In IAR for ARM - When i try downloading The following error appears and the download fails

Tue Aug 11 15:14:53 2009: Missing or malformed flash loader specification file:
C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 5.4 Evaluation\arm\config\

My Setup

1) IAR Embedded Workbench 5.4 Evaluation was installed
2) J-Link Drivers - JLinkARM_V408i was installed
3) Bee Kit Installation - verson 1.9.2
4) Created a sample project in BeeKit and Exported it to IAR Embedded workbench
4) Plugged the J-Link adapter to PC and then waited for the drivers to be installed
automatically
5) Connected the Sensor Network Board to the PC and powered it.
6) In IAR embedded workbench selected the option download and debug.

I have succesfully downlaoded the code to my kit in the past with the same setup mentioned above,

the only difference is then i was using previous versions of all the above softwares 

Kindly help me in this regard

Regards

Madhu 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

SurferMC
Contributor I

http://iar.com/website1/1.0.1.0/1410/1/

Here is a link to dl iar 5.20.  

0 Kudos

SurferMC
Contributor I

Whoops. That actually makes you dl v5.4. Below is the correct link to v5.2 

http://www.iar.com/website1/1.0.1.0/1020/1/

-Mike 

0 Kudos

SurferMC
Contributor I

I am getting the same error. Have you been able to fix this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

-Mike 

0 Kudos

nonarKitten
Contributor II

I too had this problem - nothing seems to help - I suspect that IAR changed how the flash loader works, breaking existing routines. I noticed that when trying to reassign the file, it was lloking for a file with a "board" extension, and no such file existed for the MC13224 (although it does for a few other Freescale MCUs).

ANyway, you'll need to downgrade to 5.3, which does work - Freescale officially only supports 5.2. Having used IAR for over a year now, I can say this is not uncommon for them - although this time, even rebuilding from a clean project didn't help. If you can't find it anywhere, let me know, I can throw a 5.3 up on a file share somewhere.

0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V

Guys,

If you read the release notes for the individual codebases you will see that IAR 5.20 is the supported version and not 5.40.

Please go to IAR's website and download the correct version, then you will not see this failure.

br,

Mads

0 Kudos

Gnaghi
Contributor I

Hi! Here there is the list of tests I tried to solve the problem:

1-change project proprieties: (debugger, flash loader -> overwrite on or off...)
2-create many projects with Beekit tool for the network node board or sensor node board  to ensure that problem is not the hardware used, but after the exportation I found the same problems

3-create other projects enabling or disabling ZTC in Beekit wizardand than exporting solution in IAR...

4-use different versions of Beekit and IAR embedded workbench:

- beekit version 1.9.2 (codebase 3.0.2) and IAR v.5.11: even if IAR is not the supported version (as Mads suggests) the projects is compiled but there are many warnings in the debug log to advise that flash loading is incorrect... so I can debug but code is not executed well.

- beekit version 1.9.11 (codebase 3.0.6) and IAR v.5.40: all programs should work, but when I export my solution to IAR a warning message of old flash loader setting compares and than there are errors when i try to make project or to debug...

5-try to download IAR version 5.20 but I have not found it in internet... 

Mads, are you sure that this problem rises since software versions are not supported?

0 Kudos