cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXCAN and Self received frames

fenz
Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently using the FlexCAN on an MCF52259. The problem is that I keep receiving what I have sent. I know from reading the manual that if I set the ID of a message  buffer to the ID of the node  to which the message is sent then I shouldn't receive my the message back. However, we are running the DeviceNET protocol over CAN. With DeviceNET the identifier changes according to the type of message being sent to a node and the message id of that message. Therefore, for one node you can have many different identifiers. I do not have enough messages buffers to cover all the permutations for the nodes on our bus.

To me it looks like a I will have to handle this in the CAN driver, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to prevent this. The previous CAN  chip we used (MPC2515) didn't do this i.e. receive frames that it sent.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CMAR
Contributor I

Hi Fenz,

Have you resolve your problem?

I currently have the same problem with MCF52259. The flexcan is in normal mode and messages are acked correctly, but i receive all frames that i send (when the ID sent match the receive ID of course)

I work with CAN from a long time and never got this problem on other devices.

is there another solution that filtering by software?

0 Kudos

fenz
Contributor II

Setup a mask so you don't receive your own frames.

I can't do this as stated above, so had to handle it in software.

0 Kudos