AnsweredAssumed Answered

(noobie) USB device and MCF51JM128

Question asked by Robin Cordier on Jun 8, 2009
Latest reply on May 20, 2012 by Stephen Scutt

Hello,

I need some help about the DEMOJM card ( and its ColdFire V1 MCF51JM128) . I would be able to control via my computer my DEMOJM card.

I saw this tutorial : http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=USBJM_TRAINING, but it use USBSimple.dll, which is not useable with LabView ( I don't want tu use VS C#). And the target is the old MC9s08JM60, not the CFv1.

I tried to make a Virtual COM port, but, I didn't find the good driver. But, It would be the easyest and preferred solution.I try to use hyperterminal, but, it does'nt work well. ( strange characters appearinstead what I would).

I tried the USB stack by CMX, but, I didn't understand how it works. It isn't easy it seems. HID works, but CDC didn't.

I saw that there was programs provided by PEMicro, but, they don't give the source code ( for hyperterminal, for example) nor code source for a target.

So, I'm blocked, I don't know how to make a comunication between my DEMOJM (in device mode) and my computer ( via a VI, or via LabVIEW (with VISA or a wrapped C DLL) ).

Can you help me ? I'm completly loosed and disapointed -_-" ( I'm searching and trying solutions since thursday )

Rob ( RIP XD )

Outcomes