Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX on 54550

Jump to solution
stalisman
Contributor III

We are considering MQX for this board.

What are the timescales for an appropriate release?

Also, I notice the current release does not support the mmu and virtual memory, is their a timescale for this feature? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stalisman
Contributor III

Hi Jurov,

Thank you for yor response.

It is exactly covers what I was looking for, well helps me to proceed, and also explains your view from the development point of view which I of course understand implicitly having been in the same boat for as long as I can remember.

I have contacted EAI  and indeed I read from the header notes of this forum that they sometimes take a look at these forums - my questions could have been answered by them here rather than direct email I guess.

I understand now that a release may be available in a few months but without USB, MMU and Ethernet.  Which is fair enough as "'Rome wasn't built in a day".  These timescale are not too bad for us either.

Thank you and

Best Regards

Stalis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaimeR
Contributor III

I will quote a message from JuroV:

"Hi. Just a note: please dont expect from developers to present you time scheduling (i.e. WHEN will be the feature included) as this is also a question of marketing too."

it is located at this thread: Analog Inputs and Input Capture.

Regards,

Jaime

0 Kudos
stalisman
Contributor III

Hi Jaime,

thank you for the link.

I must say that the answer presented by JuroV is of no use to man nor beast however.

I am considering the Kernel to use in a major project and actually need this information.  It is not simply a question of marketing it is a question of supporting your customers.

It is not sensible marketing to announce to the world a product full of core and optional items and then to bury in the small print of the release notes that importent features are absent.

From a customer support point of view, may I ask if freescale can advise as to the likely time frames of a MCF5455x port and its inclusion of mmu support.

I would find it hard to believe that this is not being considered - all I realy want to know is if it is worth my time even considering MQX in the next year or so.

Stalis

Message Edited by stalisman on 2009-05-15 08:17 AM
Message Edited by stalisman on 2009-05-15 08:20 AM
0 Kudos
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi stalisman.

to defend myself I put a note on the table to explain the situation. Imagine that I am developing driver XYZ and there is request in this forum for driver XYZ. Even I develop it I cannot say WHEN it will be released. I can tell what could be driver's issues and features. I am concerned only to technical point of view.

For new MCU's release, there is staying also on webpages, that MQX will be ported primarily to new announced MCUs (this, of course, does not mean to all new MCUs), so don't expect huge port activity to the previously released MCUs.

To encourage you, it does not mean that any previously MCU is not supported by MQX. Freescale bought a license of MQX from Embedded Access Inc. (EAI) for Freescale processors and EAI is still supporting its portfolio of MCUs from the past. Therefore ask anybody from EAI for the support. EAI is also active on this forum.

Message Edited by JuroV on 2009-05-20 10:40 AM
0 Kudos
stalisman
Contributor III

Hi Jurov,

Thank you for yor response.

It is exactly covers what I was looking for, well helps me to proceed, and also explains your view from the development point of view which I of course understand implicitly having been in the same boat for as long as I can remember.

I have contacted EAI  and indeed I read from the header notes of this forum that they sometimes take a look at these forums - my questions could have been answered by them here rather than direct email I guess.

I understand now that a release may be available in a few months but without USB, MMU and Ethernet.  Which is fair enough as "'Rome wasn't built in a day".  These timescale are not too bad for us either.

Thank you and

Best Regards

Stalis

0 Kudos