EEPROM ECC function

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM ECC function

Contributor III

hello, 

what's the meaning of the Red box? when ECC check error  how does it feedback to users? Can you give me an example?pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

wish your  help

thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this is explained in AN11983:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11983.pdf 

pastedImage_2.png

You are not informed about that by a flag or by an exception, this needs to be handled on application level.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello, as the description "The read location returns 1's ",  my understand is the follow

for example, if  the data  in  EEPROM address A  is 0x1010 1010, when read EEPROM address A by 32 bit width, if checked ECC 2bit error, the data in address A  is changed to 0xFFFF FFFF.

is  my understanding right??

thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, that's correct.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Contributor III

hello Lukas, 

I can't understand this description as the follow red box,  could you describe clearly?

pastedImage_2.png

thank you

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It is possible that there are more records in backup flash for one EEERAM location. For example, if you will write the same EEERAM location several times then new record is created for each write (this is simplified, of course, as there's clean up mechanism and so on...). If the latest one is corrupted, EEE engine will try to search for previous record. If it is available, this older record will be used.

0 Kudos

Contributor III

thank you very much, I got it.

wish your have a good day!

0 Kudos