cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M Mini with PHY KSZ9031RNXIC-TR - Ethernet Communication issue

nija_mankodi
Contributor II

Hi NXP team,

We are using i.MX8M mini SoC with PHY KSZ9031RNXIC-TR in our product.

We are facing Eth communication issue in some of the boards (not all) where we are not getting proper IP (either static or dynamic).

PHY is detected as per log but we dont get IP and hence no communication takes place (ping or data transfer).

I have attached schematic for your reference. Also, attached debug console logs of working (where we get proper IP and communication happens) and non-working boards (where we dont get IP).

When we compared working and non-working logs, we got only one difference of below log,

"init: processing action (sys.sysctl.tcp_def_init_rwnd=*) from (/init.rc:734)"

Please check and provide your valuable feedback ASAP.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nija_mankodi
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

I understand that since this issue is only produced on few boards, chances are of assembly issue only.

However, i just wanted to confirm that NXP team has not encountered any such issue with 8M Mini and this PHY combination.

Also, we have checked in these board and assembly looks okay in microscope as well. 

Do you have any data pointer here other than assemble issue?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nija

I am not aware of problems of i.MX8M Mini with such PHY combination.

Just for test one can try to resolder chip.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nija

if issue happens only on some of the boards this may be soldering issue,

one can try to resolder chip. Also one can recheck if mac address was set properly

https://community.nxp.com/thread/377420 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos