Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 : reason for "Another secure bus error"

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

Quite often I have Hardfault with verdict:

Entering HardFault interrupt!
Another secure bus error.

What can be reason for error what standart HardFault handler from SDK  can't decode  ?

I need good point for start debug this issue but some reasons are desired info.

Regards,

Eugene

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eugene,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide more information on your application context. What are you doing during the moment that this type of error occurs?

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi sabinabruce‌ !

I have few tasks with userprivileges what have secure context. And when they try to call NSC API, this error might appear.

May be somewhere in SVC handlers. But it decoded as "another" and what it happens is not clear.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eugene,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please tell me how to recreate this error from my end so that i can check it with detail. I have not come across this error. If possible a simple example that shows this behavior would be fine.

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi nxf51209‌ !

Environment is huge.

But I'm interesting overall, what kind of faults can cause Other reason.

In one of my case it was MPU sections overlapping what detected in SVC when task scheduler starts.

RTOS configuration valid but implementation had some problem with stack of Idle task.

Now I have other case when task with User privileges call NSC API.

But I haven't "decode" case.

But it should be list of faults what can cause Other errors on this MCU.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eugene,

Hope you are doing well.

Based on the description it may be possible that an illegal action on a secure section is being attempted. However, I've not been able to reproduce this error. if you could show some images of when and how this occurs then it may be clearer as to what may is occurring. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello sabinabruce‌ !

I think I can debug at my side.

But I'm interesting vendor info about cases when "Another secure bus error."  is generated.

It should be list of cases when controller is generate this kind of error.

Do you have it ?

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eugene,

Hope you are doing well.

I do not have a list for when this type of error occurs. Please provide a small example on how to replicate this error. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos