Unable to open probe on LPC802

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open probe on LPC802

wmaneesh
Contributor I

I've been trying to debug my LPC802 board for the past few days but it wont start the debug process using the MCUXpresso IDE. I get an "Unable to open prove index 1. Error: Probe not open" error message when i launch the debugging process. I have the SDK installed as well as a project loaded. I have tried erasing my flash, but that wouldn't connect as well. The following is the error I am prompted with.

pastedImage_3.png

If i proceed with OK. I get the following errors.

pastedImage_4.png

The jumpers are connected to JP7 and JP8 as default. I have not modified any of the boards content. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neesh Wi ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Regard your question, I'd like to know more information.
1) Was the LPC802 board be able to debug before?
2) Can this LPC802 enter the ISP mode?
3) Whether you try to update the firmware of the on-board debugger.
3) Whether you try to use other IDEs to debug this board.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

wmaneesh
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

I was able to debug the LPC802 board previously using a different computer in school. I have also updated the firmare of the on-board debugger using the firmware file provided on the site. 

I am unsure of how to get my LPC802 board into ISP more. I have tried using the nRST and ISP button built onto the board but that didnt solve the issue.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neesh Wi ,

Thank you for your reply.
The following post presents how to make the LPC8xx enter the ISP mode and build a connection with the Flash Magic, please refer to it for details.

https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-started-with-the-lpc810/programming-the-lpc810-with-flash-magic 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos