evkmimxrt1020_semc project fails to build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evkmimxrt1020_semc project fails to build

daver_
Contributor I

I am trying to build the semc sdram example project for the rt1020evk.  There is a linker error for "undefined reference to `__base_NCACHE_REGION'"  at line 223 in board.c.  Looking at the BOARD_ConfigMPU function it looks like there is some conditional compiltation based on the __MCUEXPRESSO token which I have confirmed is defined.  I'm at aloss as to what to try.  I am using SDK version 2.7 and mcuexpresso version v11.1.1 [Build 3241].  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have attached the complete build output.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

Hi daver.‌ and nxf46115‌,

I'm able to reproduce this w/ the freertos_tickless demo as well, same mcuxpresso and SDK.

In order to reproduce - you choose to link application to SRAM (and redirect printf to C library printf on install.

Then build and voila - same error.

So for me - I re-imported, but didn't link application to SRAM the 2nd time - and it builds fine... that's not really a solution - just hiding from the problem tho.

But to get it running w/o flash then - just delete the FLASH line from the Mcu Settings, and remove XIP FLASH stuff from your preprocessor definitions - and give it a shot.

This allowed me to run my code from SRAM and get past ^^^ compile bug.    

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dave,

Could you please provide the steps you are following on your side to compile this example? I have tried on my side but I could compile it without any issue. I am also using MCUXpresso 11.1.1 and SDK 2.7.0.

pastedImage_3.png

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos