cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6UL uart DMA TX 4095 Bytes

kolesnik_andrew
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using imx6ul-evk board (i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit | NXP ) with linux 4.9.11. While communication between  board and PC thrue uart with DMA I have a situation that board send to PC all it's Tx buffer - 4095 Bytes (if Tx frame more then 32 Bytes). When I'm turned off a DMA the communication without Tx 4095 Bytes, but board miss regular Tx frame ask. Figure below shows  regular ask and regular answer (1 column its ask + answer not recognize on that scale). I found that software in the board send  ask Tx frame, but uart driver ignore its and then software is fixed answer  timeout (but PC even get not an ask). My qustchion is how can I fix DMA uart (in imx.c) and turn it on to solve problem with regular Tx frame?  regular_without_DMA.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

for more reliable communication one can try to use flow control (rts/cts)

and test with uart unit test:

mxc_uart_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos