AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I increase the default HDMI resolution of mcimx7ulp-evk

Question asked by Kelvin Koh on Oct 11, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2019 by Kelvin Koh

I recently bought a mcim7ulp-evk development board, website i.MX 7ULP Evaluation Kit | NXP 

I have downloaded, compiled and flashed the given Android source P9.0.0_2.2.0_GA_ANDROID_SOURCE source. 

I plug in the hdmi cable to the given hdmi connector and my monitor is showing Android UI successfully. 

However, I can see that the default hdmi output resolution is 640x480 and I now want to increase the hdmi output resolution to 1280x720. I checked that this resolution is indeed supported as default in mxc_edid.c in kernel_imx/drivers/video/fbdev/mxc directory. I then set the "video-mode" parameters in the imx7ulp device tree source  imx7ulp-evk.dts to video-mode = <4>

I then boot up the development board, i checked that this parameter is set properly in /sys/class/graphics/fb1/modes,

showing as 1280x720p-60 which is good. However, the monitor is not showing anything. 

Please could someone help to confirm what did I miss when configuring the hdmi resolution? If not, how do I change the hdmi output? 

In the future, i want to increase the hdmi resolution to 1920 x 1080p-60, is this possible?

Thank you. 

Outcomes