Turn off P.E. auto generated code for ACKISO bit (K20)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off P.E. auto generated code for ACKISO bit (K20)

jkeeling
Contributor I

Hi,

Processor expert is generating code for our CPU component (MK20DX256VLK7) in __init_hardware() from cpu.c that is clearing the ACKISO bit of the Regulator Status and Control register (REGSC).

pastedImage_1.png

I need to perform some other actions before clearing the ACKISO bit so I need to clear it myself.

Note: the actions I need to perform cannot be moved to the "User code before PE initialization", as they rely on some of the other init PE is doing in __init_hardware().

Looking back in time in the forums it looks like PE didn't used to auto generate these lines. How can I stop processor expert from doing it now?

I am using Processor Expert 3.0.2 with KDS.

Thanks,

Joel

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joel,

You can try by disabling writing generated components modules. Please check snippet below.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps!

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jkeeling
Contributor I

Hey Felipe,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we use the P.E. code generation quite a bit as we are always adding new components.

Our process right now is to comment out the offending couple lines code after every code generation iteration. However, this is not a very good solution, it very easy to forget and has very big consequences...

Is there any other way to around this? Like I mentioned before, I have found all sorts of old threads in the community forum where people were missing setting the ACKISO bit in their code. So obviously this has not always been added during code generation. Also seems like a odd thing to auto-generate due the many complex use cases based around it.

Thanks,

Joel

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joel,

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent certain lines of code to be generated using code generation.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos