Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6qp Sabre AI cannot boot the validation sdcard image

Jump to solution
michal_olbrich
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using MCIMX6QPAICPU3 board. I want to boot linux from SD card. I set all the S1,S2,S3 according to the configuration.

S1:0100100000, S2:0010, S3:0010, SW3:00

I tried to create a bootable SD card with fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard. I tried both Win32DiskManager and Linux dd command (sudo dd if=fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M && sync). None of them  worked. I don't see anything on HDMI nor on serial line.

The only progress I have accomplished is, that I was able to run the uboot (u-boot-imx6qpsabreauto_sd.imx), but the uboot was not able to load the rootfs on second partition.(I partitioned the SD card and copied the uboot and the rootfs)

...So I know, that the serial line works, and the board works as well.

My question is, why it cannot boot validation image fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard ? Is there any aditional step? Because it doesn't seems so from the guide.

I followed the i.MX Linux User Guide precisely.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michal,

If you tried to use the .sdcard file from inside the ZIP file of L4.14.98_2.0.0_MX6QDLSOLOX package, it will be required to also download the bootloader using UUU tool (won't work with dd command).

So, if using Windows OS, having UUU (installed on PATH, or the .exe file inside the uncompressed folder of the downloaded package), insert the SD card on the SABRE AI board, set the DIP switches to serial downloader mode and connect the micro USB of the CPU board to the PC. Then, opening PowerShell (with Admin privileges), navigate until the uncompressed folder and try the following UUU command:

./uuu -b sd_all u-boot-imx6qpsabreauto_sd.imx fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard

This will flash the image file to the SD card (you could monitor the log with the serial terminal). When finishing, set the DIP switches again to boot from the SD card, reset the board and it should boot with the demo image.

For additional guidelines on UUU commands, you could take a look to the following link:

https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/wiki/Example

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michal,

If you tried to use the .sdcard file from inside the ZIP file of L4.14.98_2.0.0_MX6QDLSOLOX package, it will be required to also download the bootloader using UUU tool (won't work with dd command).

So, if using Windows OS, having UUU (installed on PATH, or the .exe file inside the uncompressed folder of the downloaded package), insert the SD card on the SABRE AI board, set the DIP switches to serial downloader mode and connect the micro USB of the CPU board to the PC. Then, opening PowerShell (with Admin privileges), navigate until the uncompressed folder and try the following UUU command:

./uuu -b sd_all u-boot-imx6qpsabreauto_sd.imx fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard

This will flash the image file to the SD card (you could monitor the log with the serial terminal). When finishing, set the DIP switches again to boot from the SD card, reset the board and it should boot with the demo image.

For additional guidelines on UUU commands, you could take a look to the following link:

https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/wiki/Example

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

michal_olbrich
Contributor I

Thank you. After minor struggling with the usb driver for UUU in windows 7, this solution worked.

0 Kudos