AnsweredAssumed Answered

MCUX 11.0.0 - Error in final launch sequence, connection actively refused?

Question asked by David Rodgers on Jul 15, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2019 by David Rodgers

I'm doing some development with a FRDM-K66F board and MCUX v11.0.0.  On Friday, I had the "lwip_tcpecho_freertos" demo running on it just fine using the onboard J-Link OpenSDA.  Then I upgraded my machine to Windows 10 v1903 (from v1803).  I fear this might have been a mistake.

I've restarted my machine, power-cycled the FRDM kit (disconnect/reconnect USB), deleted the old launch file, started MCUX 11.0.0, shift-clicked the blue bug to discover the J-Link OpenSDA probe (again), and launched the debug session.  After a few seconds, instead of the J-Link four-bar-graph window popping up, I get an MCUX error dialog:

Debug launch problem, "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:2331

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:2331: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:2331

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:2331: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Needless to say, this makes the IDE pretty useless for downloading new builds to target hardware.  Is there some Windows Firewall settings that I need to change?  Please help... this was working before my Windows 10 v1903 upgrade, and I fear that others may encounter the same issue.  Thanks.

David R.

Outcomes