how to create more key in desfire application 0x0 (PICC)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create more key in desfire application 0x0 (PICC)

peterwu
Contributor II

we buy empty nfc desfire card from mouser and digikey.

we can create application 1 with 14 keys by API MifareCreateApplication.

We have a question , that application 0x0 (PICC) is default created by NXP .

There is only one key. 

how to create more key in PICC ? 

if yes, could show us which api can called .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear peter wu,

as you may know the information about DESFire is secured under NDA ( Non Disclosure agreement) this means that all the information, tools and support should be done using secured communication channels and only delivered to customers with active NDA. I am going to answer your question guiding you through the datasheet, I understand you want to have more than one Masterkey, if this is the case there is only one Masterkey in the card, which is in the application 0 in section PICCMasterKey of the datasheet you can find an explanation, if you want to know the keys at the PICC level please check the table for  Keys at PICC level. 

please let me know if this was helpful or if you have more questions or if I was not clear.

Have a great day! 

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

peterwu
Contributor II

Yes , we were already under NDA , I have DocStore account (login name same as community).

could direct message to me which application APxxx to read ?

could we ask  question in DocStore ?

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the Datasheet,  I can try to answer your questions here by guiding you through the application notes and datasheet,  without revealing any information if you want a different approach please contact your FAE, DFAE or SALES they can help you in a different way using secured communication channels.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos