FIFO Availability for Interfacing with LPC MCU ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO Availability for Interfacing with LPC MCU ?

tilakmarupilla
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm planning to use LPC 55S6X MCU's in one of my product and wanted to add USB3.0 connectivity for more data rate.

Now, if we employ FTDI 601Q/ Cypress EZ USB FX3  chips (USB 3.0 to FIFO Bridge IC), as a middle IC bw Host and main MCU (LPC 55X), they atleast need 16/32 bit wide FIFO bus on the MCU end to interface with.

In  LPC 55S6X Data sheet, FIFO mentioning is in the following:

* 2 exclusive HIgh speed SPI fifo with 8 entries

* Every Flexicom (0-7) has a FIFO for implementing USART, SPI, I2S.

* Two independent result FIFOs for ADC, each contains 16 entries.

I want to know, if I can use any of the above FIFO's (especially SPI/ADC FIFO's) without any difficulty to interface with my USB 3.0 to FIFO Bridge IC

Am I missing any technical difficulties in implementing this ?

Thanks in advance. 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The FIFO is to be used for the serial interface, the LPC55s6 has independent system FIFO for all the serial peripherals such as USART and SPI, For data transfer robustness and consistency of the serial interface. I am afraid that the FTDI 600 device that you are selecting, cannot be attached to the LPC55s6, but I think you can find another device that uses the USB 2.0 interface of the LPC55S6 to upgrade it to the USB 3.0But at the end the LPC55s6x only has UART, SPI, USB interfaces to attach another device to do the job.
Hope this clarifies. 

Have a great day,
Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like (0)  Reply Actions 
0 Kudos