AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I change the target of my U-boot from SD Card to NAND?

Question asked by Seung Hyun Park on Jun 20, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2019 by Seung Hyun Park

Hello, everybody.

I want to change u-boot's Config from SD Card to NAND.

However, an error will occur even if you proceed as shown in the manual and the following link.

* manual name = i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide_Linux.pdf (attached)

* Follow Link = http://cache.freescale.com/files/training/doc/ftf/2014/FTF-SDS-F0106.pdf

The error content is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

test@test-VirtualBox:~/fsl-release-bsp$ MACHINE=imx6qsabresd source setup-environment test_pms/

test@test-VirtualBox:~/fsl-release-bsp/test_pms$ bitbake -c deploy u-boot-imx
Loading cache: 100% |##########################################################################################################################| ETA: 00:00:00
Loaded 2211 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'u-boot-imx'
ERROR: u-boot-imx was skipped: You cannot use UBOOT_MACHINE and UBOOT_CONFIG at the same time.
ERROR: u-boot-imx was skipped: UBOOT_CONFIG nand is not supported
ERROR: u-boot-imx was skipped: UBOOT_CONFIG nand is not supported

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need to do something else before I follow the manual?

The manual only says that UBOOT_CONFIG should be modified as follows: UBOOT_CONFIG = "nand"

I confirmed that my kernel and dtb were working successfully (made according to the manual).
But only u-boot can't change to NAND...

The version of u-boot I use is confirmed to be v2014.01-r0.

(The version of u-boot that is currently created.)

We need your help!

Outcomes