Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coldfire TCP/IP Lite (SuperLoop)

shades
Contributor I
I'm struggling to get this to work , and from looking at the app notes it looks
as though I should only need to:

#define SUPERLOOP 1
// #define INICHE_TASKS ( remove the define )

However, when attempting this with any version of the stack I get errors.

I have not found any other document that relates to the MCF52235EVB on how to impliment this using code warrior 7.1 (5.9 build 3024 )

ANY help would be most welcome
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Be aware that Coldfire Lite is not bug free, not even the most recent version!

I'm also using it (although not as superloop). I encountered some problems that made the system lock up occasionally. Of course it al depends on what functionality you use in CF Lite. The issues I found were related to the TCP and DNS clients.

I did manage to solve these issues. You can find a modified version of CF Lite V3.2 in this thread:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&thread.id=7226

0 Kudos

statrix
Contributor II

Thank you for your helpful comments Marc!. I've read your posts & downloaded the patched version.

I guess i should first learn how is the original version structure and supossed behaviour, etc. and then go on with your updates.

Last night i could compile the TCP Lite sources embedded in my project stationary but i didn't make the includes of ipport.h  and osport.h yet at my main.c file.

I had to add the __interrupt__ macro definition in order to compile ifec.c and iuart.c

I copied the compile structure of the TCP Client project by Eric G.

I'm a bit confused about if i should go with the elimination of the TCPLite common.h file, i guess it's the one called support_common.h at the new stationaries and that i should apply the changes stated at AN3470 to that ( Actually i find much more convenient to rename support_common.h to just common.h and copy the TCPLite's file structure to it.)

Also my project is configured to use Proccesor Expert so i hope i won't have to make a lot of changes to avoid symbols redefinitions.

Regards,

0 Kudos

statrix
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm starting to do the same thing, but from i have read that define is not the only thing that you sould change. 

Read carefully the AN3470, and be aware that the Lite Stack v3.2 changes some things. There is 

a pdf that explains, for example, that a new directory called 'CPU' has been added to the stack sources.

I think a new revision of AN3470 is needed.

Is my intention to develop this thread to throw (and get too!) some knowledge into this superloop topic.

I've read too many people asking for help about this.

Regards,

Statrix

0 Kudos