cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6UL USB Example Code Won't Run

dennis_jelcic
Contributor I

Hello,

We are developing software on the NXP i.MX 6UltraLite, ARM Cortex-A7 (MCIMX6G2CVM05AA) using IAR EW 8.32.4.  We need to develop software that will communicate via the USB port on the baseboard (NXP MCIMX6UL-BB).  We have installed version 2.2 of the SDK (SDK_2.2_MCIM6UL_RFP_Win).  We found example code for a USB ramdisk at the following path in the SDK: %SDK_PATH%\boards\evkmcimx6ul\usb_examples\usb_device_msc_ramdisk\bm.  We could not find example code that is specific to the processor we are using.  We have modified the existing project file so that we can get the project to compile cleanly.  We are using an I-jet debug pod.

However, we have run into a problem.  When we try to debug the program, here is what happens.  We click on the "Download and Debug (Ctrl-D) button on the toolbar to run the debugger."  A dialog box titled "larldePm" is displayed with the following message:

The debugging session could not be started.  Either the debugger initialization failed, or else the file "iar_all_modules_loaded" was missing", corrupt or of an unsupported format.  There might be more information in the Debug Log window.

The following message was written to the end of the Debug Log window: "Download error at 0x80002000: memory write failed."

We are using the "ddr_debug" configuration, and we are using the "MCIMX6G2xxx07_ram.icf" linker configuration file.

In summary, the example code is compiled cleanly.  But when the debugger is started, it can't run the code.  Can you please assist us with getting this project to run?

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Dennis Jelcic

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

dennis_jelcic
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply.  I am pursuing this issue with IAR.  When I find a solution, I will post it here.  Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

for jlink debug one can check

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5229.pdf 

also one can test with IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM version 7.80.4

as mentioned in Release Notes.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dennis_jelcic
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply.  We are using the I-jet debug probe, and not the J-Link debug probe.  I did find a suggestion that helped.  In the project options, under Debugger -> Setup -> Setup macros, we changed the "Use macro files" field from "iMX6UL_EVK.mac" to "mcimx6ul_ddr.mac".  The "iMX6UL_EVK.mac" file was the default that came with the project.  The "mcimx6ul_ddr.mac" file came from the Getting Started project that was associated with our processor.

So now, we can get into the debugger.  However, we have a different problem now.  When we try to run the debugger on this project, we get the following error:

Cannot start core 0

What would be causing that, and how can we get past this error?

Thank you,

Dennis

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

there is no imx problem, seems this is IAR/jtag jlink/ I-jet and issue may be

posted on iar support forum

I-jet, JTAGjet-Trace and JTAGjet Firmware Versions 

Best regards
igor