How to interface with an Arduino Shield via TWR-SHIELD?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface with an Arduino Shield via TWR-SHIELD?

timroadley
Contributor I

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this!

Next a bit of context:

Hardware

The Requirement

Give the SLN-POS-RDR internet connectivity so I can make a HTTPS POST as per the SIM7000 guidelines.

What I've found so far:

- There's no user guide for the TWR-SHIELD, even though there is one specifically called out on the last page of the quick start guide (confirmed by NXP support, although I really hope this is wrong)

- There is no example code showing how to configure NXP hardware to interface with an Arduino shield through the TWR-SHIELD. I expect there should have been something with an import "Arduino.h" somewhere...

- NXP support were

- Botletics were unable to provide pure c examples, there's are all C++ and are targeted at natvie Arduino MCU

- The "Tower Geeks" community referred to in the Quick Start Guide doesn't seem to exist anymore?

I've been researching for weeks now with no success, so thanks in advance if you can assist at all there! Even a basic guideline on how to bring in the Arduino.h code into an NXP project would be perfect.

If there's a better way to give the SLN-POS-RDR internet access then please let me know, I was really surprised that there's no native NXP IoT hardware we can plug in!!!

Cheers,

Tim 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim,

Currently NXP does not have any WiFi solution, and we do not have a guide to fulfill your need at this time. 

You can check the Tower Shield Schematics that you can check under the Design and Tools Files in this link. 

You can try to find another type of module that can be connected through one of the supported and available interfaces of the kit you are currently using to try to adapt and add that solution to your code, you can try to adapt your code, but that will be your application and the support will be limited of that specific implementation. In our IDE is posible to add C++ code as the next link suggest.

Other recommendation would be to check another type of module that you can adapt in an easier way to your project with C code support. 

Sorry for the problems that this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos