Exit Code 13 when trying to save workspace after build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit Code 13 when trying to save workspace after build

curtis_hendrix
Contributor I

I have a nightly build setup on TeamCity.  Everything was working fine until this morning's daily build.  Nothing changed on the firmware or build PC that I know of. 

The firmware builds successfully, but mcuxpressoidec exits with code 13 when trying to save the workspace.

This is the output from the console:

[10:36:49] [Step 2/3] 10:36:49 Build Finished (took 1m:11s.378ms)
[10:36:49] [Step 2/3]
[10:36:54] [Step 2/3] Saving workspace.
[10:37:05] [Step 2/3] Saving workspace.
[10:37:07] [Step 2/3] Mcuxpressoidec:
[10:37:07] [Step 2/3] An error has occurred. See the log file
[10:37:07] [Step 2/3] C:\workspace\.metadata\.log.
[10:37:07] [Step 2/3] Process exited with code 13
[10:37:07] [Step 2/3] Process exited with code 13 (Step: Build Host Firmware (Command Line))
[10:37:07] [Step 2/3] Step Build Host Firmware (Command Line) failed

The firmware fully builds and generates the output files.  It just chokes and dies when trying to save the workspace.

Again, nothing changed in the firmware or on the build PC that I know of.  I can successfully build the firmware on the build PC by opening MCUXpresso as admin and running the build.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We aren't familiar with Teamcity, but I assume you are just using this to trigger the command line build version of Eclipse / MCUXpressoIDE. In which case, can you please post details of the exact invocation of mcuxpressoidec you are using?

Also please ignore the suggestion above about "messy files" and deleting the metadata. Instead please post the log file that is being generated (C:\workspace\.metadata\.log according to the information you posted above). This should hopefully give us some clues as to what is happening.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

curtis_hendrix
Contributor I

I have a workaround by deleting the entire workspace folder before performing the build.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Curtis,

From your description, I guess the messy files in metadata caused the issue.

Next time if you have same issue, you can try deleting .metadata folder in your workspace.

If you need keep project preference, refer this article to copy workspace settings.

Copy my workspace settings | MCU on Eclipse  

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos