cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BGA soldering how to

CCandido
Contributor V

Hi,

I always avoided using BGA mcu, the reason would be to do the welding in few quantities, to use in small reflow oven type machines. Now I want to test with LFBGA196 and BGA memory, RT10xx series.

https://www.nxp.com/parametricSearch#/category/c731_c380_c127_c1508

question

it type machine oven runing ok to LFBGA-196 ?

https://www.amazon.com/SMTHouse-Infrared-Soldering-Machine-Automatic/dp/B0152FTXN2

Does anyone here know of an oven reflow, for low production that works well?

thanks,

Carlos.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos Candido,

Thank you for your interest in NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

The RT105X, RT106X is the 196 pin MAPBGA package:

pastedImage_10.png

So, I think you'd better to check it with your machine side, whether they can weld this package.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

CCandido
Contributor V

Hi kerryzhou ,

machine low cost, confuse information, in description, example (smd, qfn, bga).

https://www.instructables.com/id/T962A-SMD-Reflow-Oven-FixHack/

case 196-pin MAPBGA  12x12, is made with balls ?.

typical reflow stage soldering, valid to MAPBGA ?

soldering-infrared-reflow-temperature-profile-01.png

thanks,

Carlos.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos,

Sorry for my later reply.

About the BGA solder details, please refer to the attached application note AN10365 Surface mount reflow soldering, it will be useful to you:

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

CCandido
Contributor V

Hi   kerryzhou 

thanks for your reguest,

information on the heat cycle for smd welding, there are many on the internet and manuals ok.

but there is no smd soldering Mini machine solution, low cost type for low production, for example, to develop prototypes.

my case:  nmy case, I'll use a RT1021- (144-lqfp) + SSD1968-LCD ( <----lcd controller),
lqfp-144 simple solder and my prototype I test fast.

rather than using a MIX RT1051- (MAPBGA with LCD controller).
the difficulty starts in the prototype, and then in the low production, because printed does not do the welding of 10 pieces for prototype or 100 pieces for production.

Possible solutions, a mini reflow oven, or a specific controller for the reflow cycle.

thanks,

Carlos.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos,

If you want to use the RT1021 LQFP package, it will more simple, please refer to this document:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4388.pdf 

From my own opinion, you even can solder by yourself with the soldering iron.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

CCandido
Contributor V

Hi kerryzhou 

The objective of opening this topic was to find a solution to use BGA in low-cost prototype boards, to find, for example, a low-cost reflow oven that works well, and to weld small productions, to Processor and memory.

I chose LQFP for not being able to use the BGA because it does not have an example of concrete welding, and parameters of commercial reflow ovens, especially for BGA prototypes.

if someone in the community knows about a small, oven reflow remelting furnace, please post the link.

thanks,

Carlos.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos Candido,

About the BGA reflow oven, you'd better to find some company which do the reflow oven product, as you know, NXP is just the chip company, we don't have the reflow oven, and also don't have the low cost reflow oven recommendation, so we just give your some suggestions.

About the low-cost reflow oven which you shared the link, I think you can contact with that product company, just check whether it has problem to solder 196 MAPBGA, that will be more useful.

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

CCandido
Contributor V

Hi kerryzhou 

thanks you, for your reguest,

Prototype and low prodution with LQFP ok,

EVK low cost ok,

prototype with very high BGA value, cost minimal 1000$.

for this reason I am looking for a low cost solution.

thanks

Carlos.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos,

I totally understand you.

So, if you want to find the low cost solution, you need to contact with the low cost reflow oven company, eg, the reflow success rate for BGA.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

CCandido
Contributor V

Hi kerryzhou ,

thanks  :smileylaugh:              ,

Carlos.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos,

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

If in the future, you have any question about the RT chip, just create the new post and let us know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos