cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HotFix: MBD Toolbox 3.0.0 for MPC57xx

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HotFix_1: eTimer pins initialization not working properly, added support for ADC internal temperature sensor.

Problem: When using other port than PORTA on eTimer input channels, the initialization was not performed right.

Root Cause: eTimer input pins not working on other ports than PORTA.

Usage: Run MBDT_MPC57xx_patch_1.exe and enter the following path when prompted:

{YOUR_INSTALL_DIR}\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\code

e.g.: C:\Users\my_user_name\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\code

Most likely you will be asked if you want to overwrite some files - just click on 'Yes to All' option. 

Special thanks to abhishek.kumar@chassisbrakes.com‌ for reporting the eTimer issue and requesting the ADC internal temperature support.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Contributor I

Hello engineers,

I am facing a problem when i excute the code as  shown in  https://community.nxp.com/message/964538.

The code can be download but  does not executing on MPC5744P DevKit. Is there a solution? PS : I use matlab 2018a and mbd toolbox 3.0.0.

Thanks very much and wait for your reply!

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Cumulative patch:

As you know, we're only giving out cumulative patches for a while now - they come in the form of self-extracting zips and contain all the patches, up-to-date. A user can install at any point in time the latest patch and get all the patches from before, regardless if he had or had not installed some previous patch.

Usage:

Run MBDT_MPC57xx_patch_2.exe and enter the following path when prompted:

{YOUR_INSTALL_DIR}\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx

e.g.: C:\Users\my_user_name\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx

Note: for older versions of MATLAB, you might have the toobox installed in {ROOT}\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\code . If you have the 'code' folder generated, you must add that path. 

Most likely you will be asked if you want to overwrite some files - just click on 'Yes to All' option. This is an indicator of things going ok. If you do not get such a prompt, something is wrong with the patch / path given.

MBDT_MPC57xx_patch_2 contains:

• HotFix1 - eTimer pins initialization issue
  • HotFix2 - RevE RBF added
  • HotFix3 - CAN Receive individual masking not working as expected
  • HotFix4 - SPI - not all CS available

As we get more fixes in, we'll update both the list and the executable file you need to install here.

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HotFix_3: CAN Receive individual masking not working as expected

Problem: When using CAN Receive block, individual masking is not enabled

Root Cause: Reset value of MCR[IRMQ] is 0 - global masking enabled;

Workaround:  Update the following file:

{ROOT_DIR}\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbdtbx_mpc574x\blocks\fcan\fcan_mpc574x_receive.tlc

which enabled individual masking for MBs.

Customer Report: 

Special thanks to aungkm@outlook.com‌ for reporting this issue.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HotFix_4: SPI - not all CS available

Problem: Only CS0 through CS3 available

Root Cause: Oversight - some instances have 0-3, others 0-7 available.

Workaround:  Update the following files:

{ROOT_DIR}\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbd_mpc574x_ec_toolbox.mdl
{ROOT_DIR\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mscripts\spi\mbd_mpc574x_spi_instance_callback.p

Customer Report: 

Special thanks to Abhishek Kumar for reporting this issue.

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HotFix_2: New board design (Rev E) for MPC5744P EVB

Problem: The existing Bootloader rbf file will not deploy code on the target because the UART pins were changed from PD9/PD12 to PB2/PB3

Root Cause: Hardware changed

Usage: Flash the attached .rbf bootloader on the Rev E  board in order to program the board using the OpenSDA and RappId bootloader. 

Special thanks to aungkm@outlook.com‌ for reporting this issue on our Community.

0 Kudos