Drive Strength Selection (GPO), Too Low Resistance MPC5744P (MBD)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Strength Selection (GPO), Too Low Resistance MPC5744P (MBD)

Jump to solution
abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Hello 

I am using MPC5744P Development and using model based development toolbox for creating the program.

For the GPO write block, I observe that the maximum drive resitsnce is 240 ohm. Which means 3300 mV/ 240 = 137 mA. 

pastedImage_1.png

The suggested in the Data Sheet for MPC5444P (DC Injection is 3 mA), for this we need to select 1.1 kilo-ohm.

Could you please help me understand, what is the logic of drive strength  in Simulink blocks. 

pastedImage_2.png

Best Regards

Abhishek

1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhishek, 

Could you please help me understand, what is the logic of drive strength  in Simulink blocks.

That is a feature that is not currently available for the microcontrollers that are available in the toolbox since MPC57xx B/C/G/P hardware do not support drive strength control

Such setting refers to the maximum current flowing out of an GPO (current sourcing capability of the output pin). It gives you an idea of how much can drive when it is in the logic high state. 

Since all the code we are generating is based on the SDK drivers we had to fill in such structure for the future compatibility, but for the moment you should leave it on disabled option since its not going to do anything for current generation of supported parts.

Hope this clarify your question.

Best regards,
Daniel

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhishek, 

That is a feature that is not currently available for the microcontrollers that are available in the toolbox since MPC57xx B/C/G/P hardware do not support drive strength control

Such setting refers to the maximum current flowing out of an GPO (current sourcing capability of the output pin). It gives you an idea of how much can drive when it is in the logic high state. 

Since all the code we are generating is based on the SDK drivers we had to fill in such structure for the future compatibility, but for the moment you should leave it on disabled option since its not going to do anything for current generation of supported parts.

Hope this clarify your question.

Best regards,
Daniel