cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to debug MPC860 in CW 8.8

project10
Contributor I

Hi,

I have installed codewarrior 8.8 in windows 10 x64bit and using a codewarrior USBTap to debug MPC860 processor. I also installed patch 8.8.6. I have connected USBTap to 10-pin BDM connector.  While trying to run the code, it is showing errors like "target cannot be reset" or "network timed out" or other errors.

I have not connected XFS capacitor (since it's a BGA, cap can't be connected now) and using in x1 PLL speed. My input clock in 66Mhz and getting OUTCLK of 66MHz. Is there any problem with this.

The pins HRESET and SRESET are pulled up with 4.7K resistors.

A quick reply will be a great help.

Regards,

Kumar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check TRST connection on your board.

The TAP signals must be configured as follows to reset the scan chain logic: If both the TAP and low power mode are never used, connect TRST to ground. If the TAP or low power mode is used, connect TRST to PORESET. If power down mode (the lowest power mode, where VDDH is disabled) is used, connect TRST to PORESET through a diode (anode to TRST, cathode to PORESET). The TRST has internal pull-up resistor. Typical value of this resistor is about 5kOm but can vary by approximately a factor of 2.

Is there problem for connection if the MPC860FADS board is used?

Is there possibility to test your board and USB TAP under Windows XP?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

project10
Contributor I

I have connected TRST to ground and checked. The problem remains the same.

I don't have MPC860FADS board. I have tested under Windows XP. It is showing the same error.

Regards,

Kumar

0 Kudos

project10
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using the below-attached schematic for the above-explained problem.

Please help us.Assembly drwaing0017.jpg

0 Kudos