cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior for Windows 10?

Jump to solution
Mei
Contributor IV

Exist CodeWarrior for MCU, what is able to work with Windows 10?

I would like to program nxp MC9S08QG8 MCU, but I have only Windows 10, 32Bit Computer.

Next Question: I have read on nxp Product site:

LFEBRS08DEMO: ... S08 and RS08 Demonstration Board

is in development. CodeWarrior for this new Board - Can this work with Windows10?

Please, can you help me?

Gerd Meinert

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a look at https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t... 

and

CodeWarrior® for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE 11.1|NXP 

You can do unlimited programming in assembly. If using C, there is the free special edition which limits the code.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gerd Meinert,

You can use CodeWarrior v11:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t...     

pastedImage_5.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Mei
Contributor IV

Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately I can't nowhere read,CodeWarrior v.11 is working with Windows 10.

This is my problem and slowly I must think my Windows 10 Computer is exotic.

Only under header: Installer I can read: Versions supported - Win2003, Win2008, Win7.

With best regards

Gerd Meinert

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the release notes (attached):

2.3.    Host Operating System Support
•    Microsoft(r) Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit (Professional Edition)
•    Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (Home Premium Edition and Professional Edition)
•    Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit (Home Premium Edition and Professional Edition)
•    Microsoft Windows 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit (Home Premium Edition and Professional Edition)
•    Microsoft Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit (Home Premium Edition and Professional Edition)

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
Mei
Contributor IV

It seems, this is the helping answer and now I must learn to find your answer in NXP-documents.

For instance: Your heading: 2.3  Host Operating System Support, where can I find this text.

Is Codewarrior v.11 the first system, what accept windows 10 32 bit?

Support this CW DEMO9S08QG8 board?

Now I hope to come near my aim, to program MC9S08QG with assemler language,  how I progamed MC68HC908QT4

with User Monitor mode.

Pleas put me on the way.

With best regards

and hope for new points to my aim

Gerd Meinert

very old MCU friend from old times with 18FE (JR -1)

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That document is from the 11.1 release (the most recent one).

The release notes are inside the 'MCU' installation folder.

I hope this helps,

Erich

Mei
Contributor IV

Thank you, this point for my project Programming MCS08QG with assembler on my desk with Windows 10, x32 is realized.

With above called CodeWarrior for MCU's . . n11.1 I can progam MCS08QG.

Now is my next question, is it for my little task possible to have Code Warrior Studio for free?

Ans then: I have need a target, what for my understanding minimal must conver from CodeWarrior generated signal on USB to BDM signal for my MCU. Is that right? My first intension is, to buy DEMO9S08QG8. That means my next question must be: Is software  for this old bord content of new CodeWarrior v11.1?

Have you patience to help me farter?

Is it better, to open two new questions with this content?

With best regards

Gerd Meinert

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a look at https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t... 

and

CodeWarrior® for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE 11.1|NXP 

You can do unlimited programming in assembly. If using C, there is the free special edition which limits the code.