AnsweredAssumed Answered

Building any kernels 4.14.x and above

Question asked by Arun Dharankar on Dec 29, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2019 by Yiping Wang

Hello.

My context is LSDK_1812 (was LSDK_1809 until yesterday), LS1046ARDB for evaluation, with the intent to use a latest kernel source from mainline. Following questions as a newbie to NXP:

1. I am given to understand that NXP pushes all changes to mainline Linux (kernel.org). E,g. any changes NXP makes to 4.14 are also incorporated into 4.20, which is the latest today AFAIK. Is this correct?
  2. Should I expect flex-builder with command line 'flex-builder -m ls1046ardb -a arm64 -c linux:linux:v4.20' to build and function properly on the RDB? I ask because I attempted this and notice that when Linux comes up the Ethernet interfaces (e.g. RMII1/2) does not show up in 'ifconfig -a'. If it should come up, what am I likely missing?
  3. Assuming somehow the networking and other drivers come up, should I expect the other user space apps/libraries/frameworks to function properly? In other words, are the other components included in the LSDK are qualified to function as documented/intended? If not, which version kernel versions are expected to be qualified, or only the kernel version 4.14 that is the default?

Outcomes