cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E USB Device Reset

HLK
Contributor I
Good morning everyone,

I had a simple question, that hopefully has a simple answer. Currently I am in possession of the M52233DEMO board and to make a long story short, the reset button was pressed while connected to USB/computer. I guess the derivative and clock are not set on the board now, and every time I try to connect and turn the board on, it flashes a messages, USB device not recognized.

Could you point me in the right direction, or show me a step-by-step approach to get this problem fixed? Thanks,

-HLK
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RichTestardi
Senior Contributor II
If this is an M52233DEMO board (with the Ethernet), then the USB connector is used only by the BDM, for debugging the main processor.  Nothing you do to the main processor (which is what the reset switch affects) should have affected the BDM.

(I assume you are getting the error before even attempting to connect to the device with CodeWarrior?)

Are your power jumpers set correctly, and do you have good power?  I do not believe it is possible to reliably power that board solely off USB, so the POWER_SEL jumper needs to be set to VDD and you need external power at the PWR barrel connector.

Are the green and yellow/orange LEDs on either side of the USB connector both lit when you plug in the USB?

-- Rich

0 Kudos