cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory not recognised

Jump to solution
juliancox
Contributor V

I am using CW10 (CW11 gives the same problem) with a S08SH4. When this device could not provide sufficient memory for the project I changed the Target device to a S08SH8. I added this device using the ProcessorExpert Hardware option. I deleted all references to the SH4 devices in the Components window leaving only the  SH8 devices, but I get debugger errors showing that there is no flash memory available from 0xE000 to 0xEFFF and no RAM from 0x0180 to 0x027F. The memory configuration file (.mem) still shows the device as a SH4 with SH4 memory limits. The .prm file is correct for the SH8. I tried to edit the .mem file but it gave an error and would not debug. if I delete the .mem file the debugger says it cannot find the .mem file. What do I do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian Cox  ,

How about change the Debug Configuration to MC9S08SH8 as below :

pastedImage_1.png

Also create a new project with S08SH8 , then use the  two debugger files "MC9S08SH8.mem" and "MC9S0BSH8"

instead of S08SH4 files .

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian Cox  ,

How about change the Debug Configuration to MC9S08SH8 as below :

pastedImage_1.png

Also create a new project with S08SH8 , then use the  two debugger files "MC9S08SH8.mem" and "MC9S0BSH8"

instead of S08SH4 files .

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!