Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM14 Which I2C to use?

Jump to solution
agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using a KM14Z64ACHH5 MCU;

in the section "Device Configuration" of the RM (see image below) it is stated that the package LGA-44 has only one I2C peripheral: which one of the two I2C peripherals (I2C0 or I2C1) cited in the pinout diagram is implemented in that package?

MK14_DeviceConfiguration.PNG

Thanks,

agostino

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello agostino,

After checking the information with the Kinetis apps team we noticed that the table 2-2 of the reference manual is wrong. You actually have two I2Cs available in the package 44 LGA. 

pastedImage_2.png

Although you have two I2Cs available I still recommend you to use the I2C0 in the pins 38 and 39 for the reasons that I mentioned in my last reply. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello agostino,

The I2C pin for your LGA-44 package list as follows:
Pin No.26 I2C1_SDA PTE2, EXTAL1 
Pin No.27 I2C1_SCL PTE3, XTAL1, these two pins are external crystal pins, I don't recommend you to use it.
Pin No.32 I2C0_SCL PTE6, SWD_IO
Pin No.33 I2C0_SDA PTE7,SWD_CLK, these two pins are the SWD interface, it is used for the debugger, I don't recommend you to use it.
Pin No.38 I2C0_SCL , PTG3
Pin No.39 I2C0_SDA , PTG4, these pins don't have special functions, you can use these pins.
So, I suggest you to USE I2C0, pin 38,39.

Hope it helps!

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Thanks Victor for the answer;

your is a really good suggestion but I'm still in doubt if in the chip is present the I2C0 peripheral... How can you be sure that it is present?
I've searched for this information both in the datasheet and in the reference manual but I've found no results...

Thanks again,

agostino

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello agostino,

After checking the information with the Kinetis apps team we noticed that the table 2-2 of the reference manual is wrong. You actually have two I2Cs available in the package 44 LGA. 

pastedImage_2.png

Although you have two I2Cs available I still recommend you to use the I2C0 in the pins 38 and 39 for the reasons that I mentioned in my last reply. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Thanks for your help Victor!

agostino

0 Kudos