cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid IoT kit not booting?

SylvainSevel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you just received your NXP Rapid IoT prototyping kit (part number: SLN-RPK-NODE), it is fresh out of the factory. We just found out that some of the first units produced are not booting properly, so your kit may be affected :smileysad:

If your kit does not start, it can be fixed with a simple reset to factory default. Follow the “Wireless/KW41Z MCU firmware recovery” procedure: keep SW2 button pressed, while resetting the unit (push pin in reset hole on the back)

KW41Z restore.png

For further details, check page 107 of the Rapid IoT User’s Guide

Everything will be back to normal after that reset.

Have fun prototyping!

Labels (1)
10 Replies

rocknbarc
Contributor I

Two things I identified when my unit came in:

1) Was not charged up enough ... had to plug in by USB for my unit to work like it should.

2) I tested the uploading sequence via USB (without any uploads) ...  Afterwards I could not just click a switch and return back to normal screen .... 

SOoooo I did the reset per Sylvain's instructions..  At first it would not reset ....

However in my finding the reset button is a bit stiff and need not to be afraid to push harder than normal until you fill the click...  

Everything returned to normal and works like a champ per design ...   

TexAcoon...  

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Hello,

My device is broken it starts until the Atmosphere screen then it stops with the blue LED continu on, no further activity.

-None of the resets helps

-New 'out of the box firmware.bin' does not help.

-Other .bin files from the NXP website will upload to the device but end in the same screen.

NXP-locked screen.jpg

M 0060370000127D20

ID 410486749406069B

I know i was a early adapter but this lifetime is very short,

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

Hans Volbeda (Netherlands)

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Hello,

This problem is solved,

Reloaded the KW41Z bootloader by USB.

https://community.nxp.com/message/1151280?commentID=1151280#comment-1151280

0 Kudos

sasalarm
Contributor I

I bought my Rapid IoT from DigiKey month ago.

Now it is frozen with white and blue led are on. Tried everything to reset but no result.

Please advise.

0 Kudos

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

It happened for me as well. But I was able to fix it by flashing bootloader files into it.  Check out this thread as well:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/498031 .

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi Sylvain,

My rapid iot board is also not booting up - just the blue led on the side is working. I tried all troubleshooting in videos, documents but nothing helped. 

Is there any other fix which is there with respect to this issue? WOuld be great if you help in this?

Thank you.

M 006030000127250

ID 410475289406069B

I got this board few months back. But now then it was having the above issue and not it completely stopped working.

Regards

Niranjan           

0 Kudos

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Here a small video showing this procedure (starting from an operational kit).

It will give insights on timings to push or release buttons.

It will also help checking normal sequence of led blinking for a normal booting (Last 20 seconds)

0 Kudos

SylvainSevel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Suntisuk,

I'm sorry the recovery procedure does not work for your kit. We'll send you a new kit right away.

Regards,

Sylvain

suntisuk_m
Contributor I

Dear Sylvain,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have responsed to your e-mail and please kindly help with the replacement unit.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Suntisuk M.

suntisuk_m
Contributor I

Dear Sir,

I bought NXP Rapid-IoT from Mouser few days ago. The product is delivered today. Once I plug it USB, nothing boots up and top LEDs don't light up neither. Only blue on-board LED light up then the cable is connected to USB.

I try to reset with SW2 button pressed and release after reset but nothing boots up. I also try with other SWx button pressed and release but no better results. There is only SW1 pressed and release after reset then the screen display some symbol with square, line, circle and little square inside but not from LEDs light up at all.

I try to follow everything written in the user guide but doesn't work at all..

Please kindly advise how can I fix this problem.

Thank you very much.

Model: SLN-RPK-NODE

M 00603700001 288D0

ID 410375429406069B

kind regards,

Suntisuk M.

Thailand