Which git repository and branch to start MX6Q+Linux?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which git repository and branch to start MX6Q+Linux?

qiledexin
Contributor I

My company has developed a board with MX6Q for automation industry.

I've accessed Freescale's git server, but there are too much source repositories and branches, I really which should I start my work from.

At current, I cloned the u-boot and linux kernel from the below urls, but the trunk's version seems too old.

git://git.freescale.com/imx/uboot-imx.git

git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git

So that, my questions are:

1. Is there any introduction about the  repositories and branches?

2. Is the trunk the most stable versions and there's no newer stable versions?

3. If there are some newer and stable versions, please tell me.

BTW,  do you have any suggestion about the root-fs like ubuntu? and where to get a dependable copy?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi qiledexin,

There is no documentation about the repositories, but you can go to www.nxp.com/imx6q > DOCUMENTATION tab > Supporting Information and here you will find the documentation for all the NXP BSPs with the different kernels. Latest is 4.1_15_2 and it is stable. These BSPs provide a root file system. Other root-fs are not supported by NXP.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos