cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC18S57 Set Active Flash Bank via IAP when CRP Enabled

Jump to solution
lanelutgen
Contributor I

Hello! I am working with the LPC18S57 MCU and I am wanting to support in-field bootloader updates on my device which will write any new bootloader to the alternate flash banks of the current bootloader. So for example if my current bootloader is in Flash A, the new bootloader will be written to Flash B and vice versa.

I am reading the user manual for this MCU and am a bit confused on if I will be able to accomplish this task with CRP enabled on the chip. The active bank will be changed via the IAP command.  It states in the manual that IAP commands are not effected by CRP yet it also states that changing the active flash command is not supportive when CRP is enabled. So, which is it?

Also, if I can change the active flash bank via IAP with CRP enabled, will the CRP be automatically transfered to the new flash bank or will I have to compile the pattern into my new bootloader?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lane Lutgen,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) It states in the manual that IAP commands are not affected by CRP yet it also states that changing the active flash command is not supportive when CRP is enabled. So, which is it?
-- The Set active boot flash bank is not available when current boot has been enabled CRP levels 1, 2, or 3.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lane Lutgen,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) It states in the manual that IAP commands are not affected by CRP yet it also states that changing the active flash command is not supportive when CRP is enabled. So, which is it?
-- The Set active boot flash bank is not available when current boot has been enabled CRP levels 1, 2, or 3.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!