LPC802 I/O protect issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC802 I/O protect issue

angusshi
Contributor I

the case is LPC802 A/D 1,2 to measure the battery voltage, but we have not anti reverse connection mechanism in the product. When battery plug in reversed, The A/D pin will be breakdown and  the MCU standby current will be increase after this accident. 

1. Because same circuit in our old product(Non NXP MCU) is no problem, Could you help to provide  I/O internal protection detail circuit ?

2. Need any external protect? Any recommendation to avoid this breakdown?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angus Shi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Because same circuit in our old product(Non NXP MCU) is no problem, Could you help to provide  I/O internal protection detail circuit ?
-- Please check the Fig 1.
2. Need any external protect? Any recommendation to avoid this breakdown?
-- To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the thread for details. http://www.analog.com/en/technical-articles/protecting-adc-inputs.html.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos