Does Codewarrior support the Cortex M4 as coprocessor (imx7s)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Codewarrior support the Cortex M4 as coprocessor (imx7s)?

Jump to solution
erikfriedel
Contributor III

Hi

I am considering what IDE I get for my M4 coprocessor. ARM based microcontrollers are supported e.g. the Kinetis K1x...   see https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t....

So in my imx7s, there is an ARM Cortex m4 too. I guess there sure are some differences but, would it be possible to use Codewarrior on this MCU? If not, what are good, maybe free, alternatives besides the GNU MCU plugin for Eclipse.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erik,

Unfortunately CodeWarrior does not support i.MX7S, but in www.nxp.com/imx7d > SOFTWARE & TOOLS tab >Board Support Packages you will find FeeRTOS BSP for i.MX7D. Here you can find examples created on IAR, DS5 and using GCC in command line. You could use these projects as reference.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
erikfriedel
Contributor III

Thank you for your answer.

So, the Eclipse with GNU MCU plugins are the only solution to get to the M4 inside the imx7s? Or are there other IDE's?

Regards

Erik

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erik,

Unfortunately CodeWarrior does not support i.MX7S, but in www.nxp.com/imx7d > SOFTWARE & TOOLS tab >Board Support Packages you will find FeeRTOS BSP for i.MX7D. Here you can find examples created on IAR, DS5 and using GCC in command line. You could use these projects as reference.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos