cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frame buffer from uboot to linux in imx6

anshulkhare
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using a custom imx6ul board. I want to continue display image from uboot to linux when it comes up. 

For this I have shared the framebuffer address from uboot to linux via kernel command line. 

My Concept is to copy the content from address assigned in uboot to address assigned by linux driver.

So for that, I am using ioremap() to map virtual address to uboot physical address and copy data to allocated framebuffer in linux.

But ioremap is not working as kernel gets hang after adding ioremap function.

Ram address: 0x80000000 - 0x90000000

Uboot frame buffer: 0x87000000

Linux frame buffer: 0x8E000000

Could you please suggest any other way of sharing framebuffer from uboot to linux. Or how to enable ioremap for particular ram address range.

I am using mxsfb driver in both uboot and linux.

Labels (2)
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anshul

please check patches on

Patch to support uboot logo keep from uboot to kernel for NXP Linux and Android BSP (HDMI, LCD and L... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------