Not able to communicate with FRDMK82F board using Blhost/Flash Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to communicate with FRDMK82F board using Blhost/Flash Tool

sureshp1
Contributor I

I have downloaded the Boot loader OpenSDA V2.2 Image  and updated firmware application for my Target board FRDMK82 from here 

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/kinetis-developer-resources/ides-f...

I have fallowed five steps to install application and bootloader on my target board.

Application was running perfectly on internal RAM.

Now i want run  application in QSPI (external flash).Then i came to know board has to be configured.

I was trying communicate with target board FRDMK82FD over blhost and KinetisTool chain , but both tools are giving error   

Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.

I connect to windows 7 Host machine through  USB port mbeded serial port COM1

i have tried this commands 

>blhost -p COM1 -- get-property 1

Error: UartPeripheral() cannot open PC UART port(COM1), speed(57600 Hz).

>blhost  -n -p COM1  -- get-property 1

Inject command 'get-property'

Error: read_start_byte() timeout after 5.123 seconds

sendCommandGetResponse.writePacket error 5.

Response status = 10004 (0x2714) No response packet from target device.

Any suggestions  on how to establish communication with FRDMK82F using blohost/ Flash tool  using virtual COM port communication. .

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Suresh P,

The K82 Kinetis ROM bootloader supports the LPUART peripheral on instances 0, 1 and 2 (See Table 8-1 in RM) and the FRDM-K82F uses LPUART4 for the OpenSDA serial interface, so you won't be able to use this interface to communicate through blhost to the K82. You could either use an external USB to serial converter and connect it to any of the supported LPUART instances or alternatively connect to the K82 through the USB interface by using the "-u/--usb" option in blhost and connecting to the K82 USB connector in the FRDM board.

You can then use the hello_world_qspi example application included with the K82 SDK and follow the instructions from the doc/readme.txt to program the QSPI with the ROM bootloader. You will need to download some tools included with the NXP® Kinetis® Bootloader K80 Tools(REV 1.0.0) or NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2.0.0 package(REV 2.0).

Best regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos