Has anyone had the MIMXRT1050-EVK working with Ethernet in MBED?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had the MIMXRT1050-EVK working with Ethernet in MBED?

andrewmccartney
Contributor III

I was planning on using the MIMXRT1050-EVK board with MBED to evaluate the RT series of i.MX chips. We have used the K64F previously, and had great success with MBED, including using the Ethernet. After trying to port an application over from the K64F it became apparent that the RT1050 does not have support in MBED for LWIP. This means that the Ethernet will not work natively with MBED. Has anyone worked around this with MBED? Or for that matter have others actually had MBED working with the MIMXRT1050?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no ARM MBED support for the i.MX RT series processors so far:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/kinetis-developer-resources/develo...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andrewmccartney
Contributor III

Artur,

I respectfully disagree ... from the data sheet for the i.MX RT1050 EVK

pastedImage_1.png

And from the MBED latest release ...

pastedImage_3.png

and the targets.json file ...

pastedImage_5.png

What is missing is the target specific files for supporting Ethernet using the LWIP network stack.

Andrew

0 Kudos

maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in mbed-os on i.MXRT. We are in the process of adding ENET support, it should be available in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for this support against the mbed:feature-emac branch.

What Artur meant was there is no official mbed support yet (mbed product page etc.). We are working to finalize this and should have this officially enabled soon.

unsignedint
Contributor I

Any update on this? I am keen to use mbed (with Ethernet) on the RT1050 :smileyhappy: But without official support its risky for production...

0 Kudos

daweiyou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ravi:

Heard about the officl release will come in Sept and Oct, but not confirmed.

And do you have any example project based on current RT1050 sdk?

0 Kudos

unsignedint
Contributor I

We have a prototype design with Ethernet using Arm mbed OS on the K66F and it is already working well... we want to "upgrade" to the RT1050. I have not tried the RT1050 SDK... what do you mean by this? The MCUXpresso software? Any thoughts on Zephyr and the quality of the BSP for the RT1050?

0 Kudos

daweiyou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahesh:

Do you know when MBED will announce the support resource for i.MX RT, since the RT device driver support have in MBED-OS package. thanks.

0 Kudos