What is the correct PCB design impedance to use for an LPC4330 GPIO/SGPIO output pin?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct PCB design impedance to use for an LPC4330 GPIO/SGPIO output pin?

Jump to solution
timhutcheson
Contributor I

In particular, I' designing a high speed SGPIO 8 lane transfer pipe between two LPC4330 and am interested to know if I can avoid adding 33-50 ohm series resistors for a length of less than two inches between processors or not.

I was not able to find any impedance information in the literature available but assume that no source resistors a re built into the device.  Is that true?

Tim

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim Hutcheson,

Thank you for your interest in LPC product, I would like to provide service for you.

As I know, the GPIO/SGPIO don't have the specific PCB layout impendance requirement. If the wire length is less than two inches, I think you don't need to add 33-50 ohm.

Actually, we have an application note: SGPIO camera module design using LPC4300

You can refer to the application note, there has a PCB board which is drawn by eagle design.

pastedImage_2.png

You can find the SGPIO layout also don't have the resistor. About the wire wide, you also can refer to this board, it is 8mils.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim Hutcheson,

Thank you for your interest in LPC product, I would like to provide service for you.

As I know, the GPIO/SGPIO don't have the specific PCB layout impendance requirement. If the wire length is less than two inches, I think you don't need to add 33-50 ohm.

Actually, we have an application note: SGPIO camera module design using LPC4300

You can refer to the application note, there has a PCB board which is drawn by eagle design.

pastedImage_2.png

You can find the SGPIO layout also don't have the resistor. About the wire wide, you also can refer to this board, it is 8mils.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!