Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accuracy of CCM_CLK2 in i.MX6SoloX

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

Is there any spec of CCM_CLK2 in i.MX6SoloX ?

I plan to use it for ENET2_TX_CLK, ENET2_RX_CLK and TX, RX clock for Mii of external device.

I concerned about  whether the CCM_CLK2 output can satisfy accuracy that is mentioned in 4.12.6.1.1 of IMX6SXAEC.

Here is a description in 4.12.6.1.1 of IMX6SXAEC.

The receiver functions correctly up to an ENET_RX_CLK maximum frequency of 25 MHz + 1%. There
is no minimum frequency requirement. Additionally, the processor clock frequency must exceed twice the
ENET_RX_CLK frequency.

Can I use CCM_CLK2 for ENET2_TX_CLK, ENET2_RX_CLK and TX, RX clock for Mii of external device ?

Ko-hey

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Accuracy of the i.MX6 output clock is affected by parameters of internal PLLs, which, strictly speaking,

are not specified. In particular, we can refer to Table 2-16 (24 MHz crystal tolerance guidelines) of Hardware

Development Guide for i.MX 6SX, assuming stability (thermal, voltage and other) of PLL output clock is fully

defined by external crystal / oscillator, and i.MX6 meets USB, PCIe, Ethernet clock specs.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6SXHDG.pdf

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Accuracy of the i.MX6 output clock is affected by parameters of internal PLLs, which, strictly speaking,

are not specified. In particular, we can refer to Table 2-16 (24 MHz crystal tolerance guidelines) of Hardware

Development Guide for i.MX 6SX, assuming stability (thermal, voltage and other) of PLL output clock is fully

defined by external crystal / oscillator, and i.MX6 meets USB, PCIe, Ethernet clock specs.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6SXHDG.pdf

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

0 Kudos