AnsweredAssumed Answered

QN908X ISP HOWTO?

Question asked by Jose Raffucci on Feb 9, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 by Jose Raffucci

I'm looking for an app note or HOWTO on how to successfully build a .bin file and upload to a QN908X chip. 

I'm assuming the process is drag 'n' drop on a windows PC but I'm running into a few problems:

1.  I have access to a QN908XDK board but am unable to flash it using the built in JLINK interface via IAR.  I get a "failed to load flash loader" error.  This happens with every example project I've tried from the SDK.

2.  When I short JP15 and reset the board, I get an autoplay message:

Any attempt to copy in a new firmware.bin (from the SDK sample projects) image fails:

I'm not yet sure what CRP DISABLD means but I assume that it's not good and that my board is likely hosed somehow.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

3.  I am working on our own board with the same MCU.  I can flash directly via an external JLINK and IAR.  When I try to go into ISP mode, the device shows up as an unknown USB device. :

This implies that I'm missing some sort of setup step that configures the ISP mode to a particular vendor/id, no?  I have found no documentation thus far on how to accomplish this.

4. I have not been able to find any documentation on how to set up an IAR project so that it produces a valid ISP .bin file.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes