P&E Micro OSJTAG on TWR-K21F120M not seen in Ubuntu installation of MCUXpresso.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E Micro OSJTAG on TWR-K21F120M not seen in Ubuntu installation of MCUXpresso.

coderfoot
Contributor I

I also have an FRDM-K22F that is working as expected on the same setup. Are there some additional drivers needed?

The FRDM-K22F is showing up as MBED with no added drivers. Running Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

FRDM-K22F is using OpenSDA V2.2 bootloader, customer could check here to find more detailed info.

If customer had tried to updated the OpenSDA with Segger J-Link firmware?

Customer could download the Segger J-Link firmware from here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

coderfoot
Contributor I

Hi Hui,

Thanks for the reply. The FRDM-K22F with OpenSDA works fine. In "Table 1: Hardware platforms supported by MCUXpresso SDK" of "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK" the FRDM-K22F the Default Interface is "CMSIS-DAP/mbed/DAPLink" and the OpenSPA details is "OpenSDA v2.1". This works perfectly and the FRDM-K22F shows up as "MBED". I did not have to install any specific drivers for this to work.

When I plug the TWR-K21F120M into the same computer, I don't see the OSJTAG. The SDK built for the TWR-K21F120M builds the examples without error. However, the Default Interface is "P&E Micro OSJTAG" and the OpenSPA details is "N/A". I downloaded and installed the "P&E Linux Device Drivers" drivers off www.pemicro.com which did not make a difference. Not sure if these drivers are meant for this interface. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get this interface going on Linux. 

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Derek,

OSJTAG is different with OpenSDA, which resource could be found from here.

Please check and download the Linux driver from above link.

If there still with problem, please updated the firmware with the latest version.

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos