cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The issue about Imx6 download mode configuration

devil0618
Contributor I

Hi all,
     We have done some custom boards based on imx6. The issue is regarding the USB OTG boot mode.The board download mode is configured as Serial downloader mode “01”, but the computer can't detect the hid devices.
     But the board download mode is configured as boot mode “00”,the computer can detect the hid devices.And the uboot can download completed,the serial ports printing information print output only a letter A.
    we design the Imx6D processor EIM bus as data interface with FPGA ,We don't use the pull-up resistance configuration the pin of boot_cfg, Will this have effect  to detect the hid devices?
    Has anyone out there faced a situation like this? And anybody knows the reason for this issue?

Thanks 

Qiao

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at the following:

https://community.nxp.com/message/966460 

Also, it may be recommended to apply an external self-powered USB hab
for connecting between a host and the i.MX target.

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

devil0618
Contributor I

Hi Yuri

After removing the Programmable-Delay Supervisory IC(TPS3808), the PC can detect  the board (HID device) and we can successfully download the uboot  and kernel files into the device using MFG-tools.But  the board can't start up(we have changed the boot mode "00" and restart the board. Also, the PC can detect the hid devices in boot mode “00”.We are wondering it's maybe caused by the IMX6 device is somehow still in the Serial downloader mode ,even we set the boot mode "00".But we don't why. Do you know what's the problem.

We have also checked the each Power of IMX6 device ,the SD3_CMD and SD3_Clk of the eMMC. And we also tried manual reset the board. 

Looking forward for your reply.Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try to run the DDR Stress test tool just after boot crash - assuming 
the i.MX enters the serial download mode - in order to check boot options.

The tool provides useful information at start.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos