Environment: MCUXpresso, K81 target, Segger J-Link debug probe,
Reference: MCUXpresso IDE and Semihosting
With Semihosting the printf output appears in the MCUXpresso Console, as expected. However, when I switch to UART (Quick Settings -> SDK Debug Console -> UART Console) no output is seen on the LPUART. With UART selected, no output is sent to the MCUXpresso Console, as expected.
I have checked that the SDK_DEBUGCONSOLE define is correctly set (Quick Settings -> Defined Symbols).
I have also checked that the LPUART settings (In my case this is LPUART2 on PTD2/3.) are good.
BTW, LPUART Debug output works just fine with my projects on IAR EWARM, so I know the physical HW is OK.