Installed NXP serial driver does not function on windows 10 education though it does on windows 10 pro.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed NXP serial driver does not function on windows 10 education though it does on windows 10 pro.

Jump to solution
xanthurum
Contributor II

What i posted on the microsoft website:

No errors came up while installing NXP MCUexpresso, the IDE installs all necessary drivers to debug.

Installing the program as an administrator makes no difference.

I reinstalled the drivers while in disabled driver signature enforcement, no difference.

The OS on my laptop has just been reinstalled because of the problems with vivado ide.

Though that was not necessary!

Since the last windows update on my laptop I had also Xilinx Vivado 17.3 launch problems.

Though these have been solved and not because of a clean install!

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-2017-3-launch-problems/td-p/804367

System desktop:

System laptop:

Device manager desktop:

Device manager laptop:

Devices and printers desktop:ImageImagePlease advise.

The answer from Microsoft:

Hi,

This can be due to compatibility of driver issues. Since you're using Windows 10 Education, it is possible that the driver is not being recognized by the system. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest downloading a generic driver and see if it will resolve the issue. You can also check the device manufacturer's website directly for drivers compatible to Windows 10 Education. However, if the issue still persists, we suggest contacting the device manufacturer directly to have further assistance regarding the drivers.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Dear NXP, please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What board do you actually have plugged into your laptop?

As detailed in the MCUXpresso IDE User Guide, I suspect that you simply need to install the mbed serial port driver : Windows serial configuration - Handbook | Mbed 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xanthurum
Contributor II

Problem is solved, thanks. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What board do you actually have plugged into your laptop?

As detailed in the MCUXpresso IDE User Guide, I suspect that you simply need to install the mbed serial port driver : Windows serial configuration - Handbook | Mbed 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos