Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC574xP MBD Toolbox software configuration

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

I've just installed MBD Toolbox for MPC574xP. I've installed for R2017b and encounterd an error with comment:

"Undefined function 'slsfnagctlr' for input arguments of type 'char'"

After search in forum I've found that toolbox should be installed in older version of Matlab. So I want to 're-install' for R2016b. My configuration is:

R2016b; MBD Toolbox v2.0.0; S32 for Power Arch. v1.2

Questions:

At first, after installation in R2017b, libraries were not visible in Library browser - with comment about 'some libraries are missing something...' and a window with option to 'update/solve' problem with libraries. After clicking - lib browser greyed out and after a while libraries were visible. But when I now go to R2016b (libraries are visible) and try to open any example model - I got hundreds of warnings and after clicking build: 

Failed to load library 'mbd_pnt_ec_toolbox' referenced by 'test_pnt/Digital_Output'
Caused by:
Model 'mbd_pnt_ec_toolbox' was created with a newer version (R2017b) of Simulink
To disable this error message, use Simulink preferences.
To create a model that is compatible with this version of Simulink, load the model in Simulink R2017b and select File > Export Model to > Previous Version.

I don't want to mess with this installation further. What is the easiest way to solve this ? Uninstalling  the toolbox and reinstalling it using at the end of process only R2016b ? And how ?

Should I apply the hotfix: "HotFix: MBD Toolbox rev2.0.0 for MPC5744P (Panther)" for S32 for PA v1.2 ? (I have v1.2 and Toolbox v2.0)

Thanks

Maciek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maciek
Contributor V

After reinstalling MBD Toolbox it works with R2016b. At least I'm able to generate and compile code from examples. I will have devkit for MPC5744P in a few days - then I will check loading on target and PIL. I've added the lsp.h to the S32DS v1.2.

Thanks for help

Maciek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciek‌,

1.At first, after installation in R2017b, libraries were not visible in Library browser - with comment about 'some libraries are missing something...' and a window with option to 'update/solve' problem with libraries. After clicking - lib browser greyed out and after a while libraries were visible. But when I now go to R2016b (libraries are visible) and try to open any example model - I got hundreds of warnings and after clicking build: 

Failed to load library 'mbd_pnt_ec_toolbox' referenced by 'test_pnt/Digital_Output'
Caused by:
Model 'mbd_pnt_ec_toolbox' was created with a newer version (R2017b) of Simulink
To disable this error message, use Simulink preferences.
To create a model that is compatible with this version of Simulink, load the model in Simulink R2017b and select File > Export Model to > Previous Version.

I don't want to mess with this installation further. What is the easiest way to solve this ? Uninstalling  the toolbox and reinstalling it using at the end of process only R2016b ? And how ?

Ideally would be to have a fresh install. Anyhow, the MATLAB will create a backup copy of each mdl/slx file that is opened with a newer version like this:

pastedImage_2.png

If you want to avoid reinstalling the whole package you could simply delete the files and restore the original ones *.r2015b

Should I apply the hotfix: "HotFix: MBD Toolbox rev2.0.0 for MPC5744P (Panther)" for S32 for PA v1.2 ? (I have v1.2 and Toolbox v2.0)

That patch is a MUST. Otherwise you will not be able to run correctly the generated code on the target. The execution will stop in start-up initialization sequence.

Hope it helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

After reinstalling MBD Toolbox it works with R2016b. At least I'm able to generate and compile code from examples. I will have devkit for MPC5744P in a few days - then I will check loading on target and PIL. I've added the lsp.h to the S32DS v1.2.

Thanks for help

Maciek

0 Kudos