How can I use MON08Interface to debug HC08JB16?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use MON08Interface to debug HC08JB16?

syf
Contributor I
Hi,
I'm a flesh to TBDML.I want to development a TBDML with JB16.When i use prog08sz.exe to programming the device,i have some problems.Details as bellow.

1.My target board scheme is just use the JB16 instead of JB8.
2.The oscillate is 12MHz.
3.Connect to PC via the MON08Interface.And my configuration are:smileysad:1),Class iii,port com4,baud 19200;(2),attempt FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF{From security.ini}{Recent}.

But i can not link to the target via the configuration as up.When i'm trying ,i got the picture as bellow.
Then,if i choose the to "ignore security failure and enter monitor mode",in this case,the pc can link to the target,but cann't programming the JB16.

So,i'm here to find some help.Can anybody give me some advise or you expreaence.
Thanks a lot.

syf

0 Kudos
3 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V
Dear syf,

A few things to check:

Have you set up the chip to boot into  Monitor mode - see chapter 9 of the JB16 documentation.

I normally use "Ignore security" .  The only disadvantage is that it will erase the chip before programming.

I have found the MON08 interface a pain to use and rather unreliable.

Also:
The JB16 uses a different clock frequency to the original JB08 so a different version of the TBDML code is needed.  I would suggest you look at this thread http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=TBDML&thread.id=240.

The JB16 supports one time INITIAL programming using the USB interface.  This is much easier method of programming the hardware but you only get once chance to get it correct!  Once programmed this option is not available unless special steps are taken in the programmed code.  See app note:AN2399 for details.

I hope the above helps.

0 Kudos

syf
Contributor I
thanks!
0 Kudos

syf
Contributor I
Thanks for the guys who helped me.I'm here agian to declear that my TBDML is now working perfect!
0 Kudos