The P2041 can't work up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The P2041 can't work up

hezhao
Contributor I

helllo. The P2041 ' HRESET is always keep asserted ( low state) after the PORESET negated (high stase)  during power on reset fllow. I can't make the device work up. Can you help me? Thinks very much.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look P2040 Reference Manual, Section 4.6.1 "Power-on reset sequence"

In this section, there is a exact step by step sequence, where HRESET is asserted at step 4 and negated at step 14.

Between these two actions, there are a number of other steps performed - cfg_rcw_src sampling, RCW load, PLL lock.

Several of these steps may halt indefinitely waiting for another PORESET, is something fails - in case of ECC error when loading RCW from NAND flash, or in case if PBL can not complete loading RCW data without errors. Also, there is PLL locking step, so it may also fail if PLL configuration is incorrect.

The best way to check this is to switch to hard-coded RCW. If the device correctly releases HRESET on hard-coded RCW, but does not do that on your custom RCW, than there is a problem with RCW loading or RCW value.

Hard-coded RCW may be enabled by switching cfg_rcw_src, please look Table 4-11 for available hard-coded options.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hezhao
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

But a new problem occured : when I loaded the RCW data by CodeWarrior usb tap ,then the P2041 realeased HRESET_N,but the RCW data is not writed in NORflash and the CS0 of eLBC is not variety (I seted src[0:4] =01101 to load RCW by norflash that data width is 16, and the eLBC’ CS0 /LWE0/LGPL2  is connected with CE# /WE# OE# of NORflash respectively(As shown below ficture),and the norflash is seted to width of data is 16.And the address of norflash also be seted to oxe8000000 ).

I don not know that why the problem occurd ,thanks  for your guide.

pastedImage_26.png

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RCW should not be written automatically to NOR flash, when you perform RCW override by using CodeWarrior USB TAP. NOR flash contents, including RCW, should be programmed by using CodeWarrior flash programmer.

I do not see anything obviously wrong in your NOR flash connection.

0 Kudos

hezhao
Contributor I

Hello, i do not undersand the 'override' . is it a state of states machine in code of CPLD witch control a process to write in NOR flash?
Thank you !  

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You said "when I loaded the RCW data by CodeWarrior usb tap" - this operation does not program RCW to flash, it just loads RCW to the processor to allow the processor to start, if your memory does not have RCW, or RCW in memory is invalid/corrupted. This operation is called "RCW override".

0 Kudos